英文中一些單詞很容易混淆,甚至連native speaker都會誤用。為了在口語和寫作中避免這種錯誤的發生,小編特意為大家整理了英文中10組易混淆的詞匯,大家仔細體會哦!
1. Affect (動詞) / Effect (名詞)
Did the bad weather affect your summer holiday?
壞天氣影響到你的暑期了嗎?
What has the effect of high interest rates been on this year’s sales?
高利率對今年的銷量有什么影響?
2. Borrow/ Lend
I need to borrow $2,000 from my bank.
我需要從銀行借2000美元。
My bank has agreed to lend me £2,000.
銀行答應借我2000美元。
3. Controlled/Inspected
Our machines are controlled by a central computer system.
我們的機器由中央電腦系統控制。
The cash machines are inspected (checked)once a day by our staff.
我們的工作人員每天檢查一次收銀機。
4. Interested/Interesting
I am interested in homeopathy.
我對順勢醫療論很有興趣。
I find homeopathy very interesting.
我認為順勢醫療論很有趣。
5. Journey (名詞)/Travel (動詞)
Some people have a long journey to work.
一些人需要走很遠的路去上班。
Some people have to travel far to get to work.
一些人需要走很遠的路去上班。
6. Raise/Rise
The Bank of England has raised interest rates. (‘Raise’ takes an object)
英格蘭銀行提高利率了。(Raise后接賓語)
Interest Rates have risen in the last few years. (‘Rise’ does not take an object)
利率在過去幾年里提高了。(rise不能接賓語)
7. Receipt/Recipe
How much is this baguette? Can I have a receipt for it?
這個法式長面包多少錢?我能要個收據嗎?
I love this bread. How did you make it? Can you give me the recipe?
我喜歡這個面包,你怎么做的,能給我食譜嗎?
8. Remember/Remind
I must remember to take my tennis racket tomorrow. (I remember)
我必須記著明天帶上網球拍。(主語是我)
Could you please remind me to take my tennis racket tomorrow. (You remind me)
你能提醒我明天帶網球拍嗎?(主語是你)
9. Sensible/Sensitive
Gill always saves a part of her salary every month. She is very sensible.
吉爾每月都會節省一部分工資,她非常明智。
Gill is very sensitive to any type of criticism.
吉爾對任何批評都非常敏感。
10. Stationary/Stationery
I am so sorry I’m late. The traffic was stationary all the way from the airport.
對不起我遲到了。從機場就一直堵車。
We have run out of envelopes and paper. We need to do a stationery order this week.
我們沒有信封和信紙了。這周我們需要下一個文具訂單了。